Monday, August 30, 2010

With wire

Yesterday, I coated the decoupaged bases of the candle holders with two coats of polyurethane. Late today, I gently rubbed the dried bases with steel wool. This takes away any bumps or imperfections in the polyurethane coat and makes it smooth to the touch. Tonight, I just couldn't stop. I measured out several ten-inch long pieces of black wire and adhered them to the upper part of the candle holders. I purposely left them long on the base to draw from the mathematical artwork up to the candles themselves... like thick crazy, non-linear lines creeping out of a seaof math formulas and order. These pictures don't do them justice, but it gives you an idea of what they are shaping up to be.

I'll do the write-up and photography for the Esty posting later this week and get these out there. I have about four other pieces coming along, but my next series of blog posts will cover a commission piece requested by my friend Andrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment