Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stepping out from behind the e-curtain

I'm working on a series of art pieces to display at the coffee shop down the street from my office. This will be the first time I've displayed my artwork for sale "live" in public and not behind the Etsy curtain. I'm slightly terrified, and ...slightly exhilarated.
Looking at the space in the shop, I think a series of 4 or 5 good sized pieces (12" x 12") and another 3 or 4 smaller pieces (4" x 6") might fit. The shop is called Bean & Tree (find them on Facebook here) and it located at Riverplace. It sits on the west bank of the Willamette River and it has a very busy marina right in front of it. Looking through my library of materials, I've found some cool old maps, an interesting Currier & Ives looking nautical print, and an illustrated children's adaptation of Herman Melville's classic "Moby Dick." The kids book has wonderful turquoise colored drawings of the whaling adventure and I think that shade of blue will contrast perfectly with the rich browns of the wood I'm planning to use.
I'm focused on the art and excited to pull it all together... displaying out there, in front of the world... well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment