Monday, July 12, 2010

Finishing up, posting and moving on

Yesterday I photographed the frames. This sounds like an easy part of the process, but it's tricky. I built a simple lightbox from instructions on the web. This time I had abundant natural sunlight to light up most of the box, so the pictures turned out a little different. I usually snap about 25 or 30 pictures per piece, in order to get five good shots that I can use on the Etsy site.

Once the pictures are taken, there is a little photoshop enhancement involved. Mostly that's cropping, resizing and adjusting colors, but sometimes it's completely re-doing the shot. With five good images, I move on to writing the descriptions. In these two cases, I went with simple descriptive sentences and a little fun.

Posting items on Etsy is incredibly easy. Each item gets about 28 words worth of "tags" that help people find the art. Some are materials and some tags are just simply key word tags. I've found that the more creative the tags, the easier it is for other Etsy retailers to find my pieces for Etsy treasuries.

With these two new frames posted, and two pieces of art sold today, I'm turning my attention back to the headboard, mirror and one custom ordered piece. It will be a fun summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment